my first half-marathon!
Signed up for my very first half-marathon in Baldwin Park on Nov 13. Also signed up for Aug 7 Moss Park Run (15K) and Sept 25 Miracle Miles (15k) I have been running pretty consistently for about 6 months now and figured it was time to commit. I hope the two fifteen k runs will be a good start to experience the thrill of racing and hopefully will prepare me enough for the half-marathon.
A goal. Something to motivate and inspire me to keep going. I feel excited about the training, nervous about not doing it fast enough and wondering if I really now what the hell I am doing?
There are a tons of training guides in books and on the internet - I picked this one because it seemed the easiest for me to follow. Do not worry about the day you start your week - whether it is Saturday or Monday - do whatever works with your schedule and fits into your family’s plan. Make the long run during the week or on the weekend whenever you can find help with the kids...this will help you stick to the plan. Don’t stress about missing a day - keep going! You can switch days to accommodate YOUR schedule. It is fine to switch a rest day for a run day!
- WEEK 1: rest - 3mi - CT - 2.5mi race pace - rest - 4mi - 2.5mi EZ
- WEEK 2: rest - 3mi - CT - 3mi race pace - rest - 5mi - 2.5mi EZ
- WEEK 3: rest - 3.5mi - CT - 3mi race pace - rest - 6mi - 3 mi EZ
- WEEK 4: rest - 3.5mi - CT - 4mi race pace - rest - 7 mi - 3 mi EZ
- WEEK 5: rest - 4mi - CT - 3mi race pace - rest - 8mi - 3.5mi EZ
- WEEK 6: rest - 4mi - CT - 4mi race pace - rest - 9mi - 3.5mi EZ
- WEEK 7: rest - 4mi - CT - 4mi race pace - rest - 10mi - 3.5mi EZ
- WEEK 8: rest - 4.5mi - CT - 3mi race pace - rest - 8mi - 4mi EZ
- WEEK 9: rest - 5mi - CT - 4mi race pace - rest - 10mi - 3mi EZ
- WEEK 10: rest - 4.5mi - CT - 3mi race pace - rest - 12mi - 3mi EZ
- WEEK 11: rest - 4mi - CT - 3mi race pace - rest - 5mi - 2.5mi EZ
- WEEK 12: rest - 3mi race pace - 30min - rest - 20 min - RACE DAY!
Okey-dokey: here goes! BRING IT!
Sole Sista Nikki